Show Info for Maine Women In The Arts Members - 2018
IMPORTANT, PLEASE NOTE:
- All members must notify the Exhibits Chair of their intent to exhibit art within the timeframes delineated for each show.
- Our artwork racks (stands) can fit framed art only up to 30" across. Hanging art must fit within a 30"x30" space. Two 16"x20" (maximum outside dimension of frame) pieces are allowed. 3-D art / sculpture must have its own pedestal. The term 'original art' encompasses paintings, photography, fiber art and sculpture.
- ALL artwork exhibited must be for sale.
- MWA is not responsible for theft or damage of works and crafts exhibited.
Prelude Fine Arts Show with Crafts: November 29 – December 2
Place: Masonic Lodge, 1 North St., Kennebunkport
Drop-off: Thursday, November 29, 10 - 11:30 AM (Not before 10 as the setup crew is working.)
• Pick-up: Sunday, December 2, 4:15 PM (Please note the change in pick up time for all
Special early opening reception: Thursday, November 29, 5 - 7 PM.
Bring finger-food to opening.
Show Hours: Thursday, Nov. 29, 5-7
Friday,Nov.30, 10 AM - 7 PM
Saturday, Dec. 1, 10 AM - 5 PM; Sunday, Dec. 2, 10 AM - 4 PM
Hanging Work: 2 original pieces. See sizes above. Notify Liz Roper of intent to exhibit art Nov. 2-20.
Contact Elizabeth Hurtubise to sign up for one the jobs to make the show possible.
Backups: Two back-up pieces (label front and back) in a clearly labeled sturdy box. May have
been previously shown.
Bin Work: Each member may exhibit 6 matted originals or reproductions.
Cards and Calendars: Original cards shown on your craft table; reproduced cards and calendars
on MWA racks. Copies of books written and/or illustrated by member on Author’s Table.
Crafts Tables: Participation is contingent upon member showing artwork in this show as
well as participation in July or September show. Additional fee for craft table space is $10.
The fee is waived if you work a 2nd shift at the show. Contact Sheila Clough to reserve a crafts
table Nov. 2-20. Contact Elizabeth Hurtubise to sign up to work a 2nd job at the show.
Sheila Clough (crafts): firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-247-5512
Elizabeth Hurtubise (workers): email@example.com or 207-282-1091
Liz Roper (art): firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-985-6270